Friday, July 24, 2009

Sorry

Today, I'm gonna write about one of my favourite and the most beautiful words in English language. Its something I use very often. But don't think that I use it 'coz I keep making mistakes every now and then, but its 'coz I try to take first step to avoid circumstances which people might regret in the future. I really don't understand why people feel so bad in apologising. Apologising is not about getting humiliated, its just about accepting your faults and the consequences that arise out of it.

Actually, I don't always apologise, so don't be in an illusion that I'll always apologise even if its not my fault. In fact, I follow three theories regarding this.


FIRST THEORY :
When I'm wrong, I do not hesitate in accepting my fault and apologising. This is a very simple concept. I believe that not admitting your own mistake is a crime. That's why I prefer to apologise first.


SECOND THEORY :
This theory is a mix-up (or rather a goof-up) between the other two theories. This comes into existence when I apologise without being wrong. There are some instances when I say sorry even if its not my fault. I do this just 'coz I do not want to spoil the relationship I share with the person I'm confronting. Its just that I value the relationship more than the mistake. Keeping ego aside, I apologise, 'coz its the ego which is the root cause of most of the misunderstandings.


THIRD THEORY :
This theory is exactly opposite to the first one. When I'm not wrong, and it doesn't matter who's trying to prove me wrong, I'd never back off. I'd stand by my views and fight till the end, come what may. I stand for the truth. I won't apologise in this case, not 'coz of ego, but for the sake of truth.


So guys, these were the three theories that I follow. Now, you must be thinking that what made me write this post. Actually, recently there was an incident in which I suffered without my fault. But as the third theory says, don't let the guilty free, I'm not gonna let that person walk away easily. I won't apologise, rather I'll make him realise his fault.


PS : Thanks for bearing this one too :P

6 comments:

  1. quite a different one from ur regular work. liked it. but luks lyk u wrote it in a hurry. it couldve been a bit lengthier. overall a good attempt

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ trishala -
    thanks for the comment.... yeah its different from wat i usually write.... n i neither wrote it in a hurry nor i wanted to make it short..... its jus dat i have these 3 simple theories which i wanted to share....

    ReplyDelete
  3. its exactly diff 4rm vht u wrote earlier..
    wel no ne bcums smal or big by sayng sorri..rather dan breakng ur realation vith sumne its better 2 say sorri..
    wel nce ne...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ shruti -
    thnks for d comment.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accepting the fault and apologising is the best way out.One is relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ chowla sir -
    thanks sir..... i agree dat accepting ur fault is the best..... but to add to it, if u value the chemistry its again good to apologise even if its not ur fault.....

    ReplyDelete