Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Last Wish

My last wish - most of the readers would be expecting it to be another poetry. But apologies, its a rather dark issue, an issue which most of us would find it difficult to digest. Yes guys, I'm talking about my last wish, a wish which I want to be fulfilled when I breathe my last.

Death - the word itself has the power to make even a cheerful person numb. It is the most dreadful nightmare one can ever have. Death, whether painful or silent to the one who faces it, is definitely painful to their close ones.

People do mourn for the dead. And thats the most painful thing to watch. I, myself, have been a witness to this painful sight on a few occasions. I know its very hard to believe that he/she will never be with us again. But its a universal fact that everyone has to die some day or the other.

You're gonna die, I'm gonna die. Nobody is invincible. I particularly don't wanna see my family, my friends and my other near ones to mourn for me. I don't want them to cry at my death.

I have always wanted to see others happy and I've always tried my best to ensure that. And I don't want someone to cry because of me. I can never be happy if someone does so, even at my death. 'Coz had I been alive, I would've definitely done something to make that person happy.
My soul can't rest in peace with the sight of my near and dear ones crying.

I know this is a sensitive issue which many of us would not like to discuss. But I just wanted to make a clear point that I don't want anybody to cry for me.... at least for my sake. Thats my last wish and I hope all my near and dear ones will try their best to fulfil it.

Do not consider this as a transition from humor-filled, love-lorn and 'comment-on-every-issue' posts to a rather dark issue as my transition into a serious person. I'm the same. I'll always be the same. It was just a thought that I wanted to share with y'all, so did it.

Thanks for 'bearing' this post. :p

11 comments:

  1. i know most of u will not agree wid my views.... n i dont expect comments from my regular readers too.... it was just a piece of thought in my mind.... so i jus put it here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with ur views ankit...
    Death is a truth, a dark truth, which everyone has to face n departing is painful but even i don't agree with crying especially our indian culture where people cry at times they don't want to, no colorful clothes n u can't attend happy occasions n all...
    The person's soul won't get peace bcoz of all this, they want there near n dear ones to be happy not like this, at least i don't but jaisa kehtein hai naa reewaz hai so thats how its going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ rashmi -
    thanks a lot for expressing ur views over dis post.... i actually wasnt expecting comments on dis....

    although its painful to believe dat someone wont be wid us.... n personally dont favour the rituals being performed.... i dont want someone to stay unhappy coz of me.... i want my near n dear ones to read dis 'last wish' of mine when i die... (waise for dat abhi bahut time baaki hai)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ankit,I am a regular reader and brave enough to agree with you absolutely.
    Expressions may vary,though

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ chowla sir -
    thanks a lot sir.... i'm glad that u commented on dis.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. death is life's endng..sum ne has 2 go....bt its really strange 2 no dat d person was der 2day n 2mrw hez gne....very painfull...bt ha its part of life evryne has 2 go 2day or 2mrw..n its better u forgt dis death ka thng jab jana hoga tab jayega..lol..til den njoy ur lfe 2 d fulliest

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ shruti -
    thanks for d comment..... Better late than never.... lolz.... i think u misunderstood my motive behind writing dis one.... i did nt want to emphasise on death.... i jus wanted to make it clear dat i dnt like the 'rona-dhona' stuff.... n i wnt like it if sumone does dat for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol n marwadi hw mch evr u say ki rona dhona nhi karna no ne vil listen 2 u...lol...coz ots marwadi...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ shruti -
    no one can ever dare not to fulfil the last wish of the deceased.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. man. believe me, i neva thought of my death be4. n i think it takes a strong heart to discuss such a fierce n scary topic. sounds awkward wen sum1 discusses his last wish. i agree with ur views in dis article. n lisn. u hav a long long life to liv. so dnt bother abt ur death abhi se.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ trishala -
    actually all those who 'dare' to comment on dis post are brave... :P

    THANK U very much for dis bravery of urs.... ;)

    ReplyDelete