Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Pretend

I pretend that you’re not here,
Listening to what I say.
But really you’re the only one,
That can make everything okay.

I pretend that I don’t care,
When you don’t talk to me.
But really I’m dying inside,
I just wish you could see.

I pretend that I’m fine,
With us being "just friends".
But really I want to tell you,
I don’t want this to be how it ends.

I pretend that I don’t,
Dream of you at night.
But really you’re the only one,
That can make my wrongs right.

I pretend that I don’t care,
But really I do.
I guess what I’m trying to say is,
That I’m in love with you.



13 comments:

  1. Sweet but pretension in love....Quiet painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ anamika -
    dis was fr the first half of ur comment..... n i won't comment on the second half..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. bhai, now u becumin expert in writing poems in english also... nw der is nothin attpata in ur poems...gud work bro...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ manali -
    thank u very much sis..... well, i've to go a long way till i become an 'expert'.... lolz

    ReplyDelete
  5. good poem yaar......i like it...aise he likhta rehna..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ tanuj -
    thanks dude..... with ur support, i'll keep writing..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you PRETEND that there's no one in your life, and yet to come, but there's some1, hmmm :p
    Nyways, superb work, kp going.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ rashmi -
    thanks a lot for the appreciation..... btw i wud prefer not to say anythng in reply to ur first line..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good and very expressive poem.You are gradually turning into a poet,soon to be recognised

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ chowla sir -
    thnk u sir.... but i feel i'm jus expressing myself.... n i still hav a long way to go to become a pro....

    ReplyDelete
  11. its a reali gud ne...keep writng such poems...ne day u vil sureli turn out 2 b a expert poet no doubt n dat...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ shruti -
    thanks..... lets see..... i'm jus pursuing it as a hobby.....

    ReplyDelete