Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SAL-MAN-IA

That's a word coined by me. Its short for Salman Mania.

This is a particular form of Celeb Craziness, particularly for Salman Khan. I don't understand why people are so crazy about celebrities. I do not find anything different in them. They have two eyes, so have I and I have specs too. They have two ears, so have I. They have one nose, so have I, pretty clean too. They have a pair of lips, so have I. (Should I say kissable too... :p)

I'm getting on your nerves. Isn't it? Well, there were some people who got on mine too. Salman aaya yahan, to mujhe kyun tang karte ho yaar? I got a lot of calls from people asking me if I went to see him. I told him I've already met him earlier on a flight from Bombay (sorry Sena-men, both Shiv Sena and MNS, but it was Bombay then) to Goa.

I got carried away. I'm here not to describe my personal experience, but to comment on 'Celeb Crazy' people. Well, thousands of people had gathered here and in Sumerpur, a nearby town, to have a glimpse of the much controversial actor. And at both the places the police had to lathicharge to control the crowd.

Amazing !! Isn't it?


I had a lot more important things to do than to bear the lathis of police. In fact, I didn't had any chance of facing the lathis, as Salman was a guest at a friend's hotel. And he had invited me to be a part of the function. Still, I preferred to stay away from the actor's blink-and-you-miss visit. He was here to attend a roadshow to thank the people of Sumerpur constituency on the behalf of politician-turned-actor-back-to-politics Beena Kak (in the pic), Cabinet Minister in Rajasthan Government, MLA from Sumerpur and filmi 'maa' of Salman Khan in 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?'. He also endorsed Rajasthan Government's much hyped 'Harit Rajasthan' programme.

Falna, Sumerpur and Jawai Bandh were on national news for two days. People said I could've been easily on TV. I would prefer to wait than be hit by lathis to be on TV. I can't handle this kind of celebrity crap !

I wish God could spare some time and re-consider the architecture of the top floor of these 'Celeb Crazy' people.

Peace !

Pics courtesy : Kiran Studio, Falna.

8 comments:

  1. hey...awesum post dude!! i m a fan of ur honesty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ garima -
    i won't call this post 'awesome'... it was a half hearted attempt... anyways thanks for the comment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice ne...bdw evn i dnt no ki vht so gud n dese celb..dey are human as v r..bt stil ppl r mad bhnd dem...god...save dem...lol..nyways great job..tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ shruti -
    thanks.... but such a small comment.... i din expect dis frm u.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celebrities have a place for themselves in the glamour world.We can not wish them away.To meet them or not is really a personal choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ B K Chowla sir -
    agreed.... its a personal choice.... thanks a lot for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete