Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kid turns ONE !!!


"We all have our time machines, the ones that take us in the past are called memories and the ones that take us to the future are called dreams."

I am going down the memory lane. Exactly one year ago, out of inquisitiveness, I tried my hands on blogging, which has today cultivated into a habit. It is an easy vent for all my feelings, my views, my frustrations, my anger, my love, my emotions and what not.

YEAH ! Exactly one year ago, I started this blog (titled "Good For Nothin...." for no particular reason), made friends (in the blogosphere), commented on random blogs, liked a lot of blog posts, LOL'ed, got ideas, got inspirations, got praised, got compliments, publicised (read :: over-publicised) the blog amongst friends (believe me... its really difficult compelling friends to read your 'shit'... thats what they call it) and a host of other crap !

It's a journey and it's better than the destination, I can't sum it up in words. I have no doubt when I say that blogging has been the most beautiful thing that has happened to me recently. It has been a welcome change in my otherwise shy and reserved nature.

1 year... 125 posts... 27 followers (via Google FriendConnect)... 67 fans (on Facebook FanPage)... 629 comments... 9825 visits.... these stats might not seem that great to the bigwigs of the blogosphere, but this response is A LOT for me. I mean I am not a blogoholic, I just post twice or thrice a week. And thats quite sufficient for me. (* stats at 7th Oct 2009 at 12:01 AM)

I must take this opportunity to thank all my readers, those who commented on my posts, those who helped me improve, etc etc etc. I could go on thanking people but I guess the list is endless.

Still, I'd like to name a few people who kept me motivated to continue blogging, who appreciated my 'crap', who kept commenting on my posts and who showed me the mirror. I've always said comments and criticism are more than welcome. They help in improvement. I'd like to thank
  • B K Chowla sir : for commenting and letting me know the quality of my posts
  • Kamlesh : for constantly providing me support
  • Garima Ranawat : for providing me what i call 'invisible support' and for commenting 'honestly' and personally
  • Prateek Monga : for encouraging me
  • Shruti aka The Lonely Wanderer  : for the comments and also for waiting for the posts... lol
  • Rashmi aka Raashi : for encouraging me and for the comments
  • Trishala : for the comments
  • all my followers
  • all the readers
  • all those who've visited the blog even once
  • all those who were 'inspired' by me and started their own blog... :p (Being successful is not the matter... lol)
I'm sorry if I left out a few names. THANKS everyone !!!

I'm happy to have successfully completed one year of blogging. And I hope this habit continues for years to come.

PS : Unfortunately, OLD FRANCE, the WINNER of the TEMPLATE CONTEST, could not be put up as a template 'coz it had some problems, and so had the other two podium holders VINTAGE and DAYS OF OLD. So, I have decided to put up RED LIGHT as the layout. Hope you guys like it. I must say 'The Template Contest' was a dud :(


PS2 : To make this one year old kid happy, bring the gifts along :)

12 comments:

  1. hey hapy bday to ur blog!! i hope i get a piece of cake too!!
    n yeah wish ur blog celebrates many more bdays!! njoi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ garima -
    thanks a lot for ur 'first comment ever'.... since u were the first to comment, u'll get the second largest piece of cake (sabse bada mera na....)

    i hope the blog gets the never ending support of readers like u for more years to come..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many many happy returns of the day, and i'm sure u'll be celebrating many more anniversaries. Keep nurturing ur blog with ur superb posts....
    Enjoy :)
    n yupz the new outfit of ur blog is looking very vibrant and nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ rashmi -
    thanks a lot... for the wishes.... and of course for liking the new layout !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog about the birthday is awesome! Keep it up mate. Good job :) Your posts are always fun to read as they vary from politics to car accidents to any random thing on the planet :D
    Happy Birthday!

    [ via mail ]

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ akshay saini -
    thanks buddy... i'll try to post some more 'random shit' n keep ppl entertained... lolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ankit,all the best on having completed one year.
    I note,you have mentioned my name specifically,please,I only posted my comments honestly.
    It is the content of your post,your honesty of purpose,your belief in your self which has made you a popular blogger.
    I am quite certain you will keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ B K Chowla sir -
    thank u sir for ur love n affection..... i have thanked u for ur honest comments.... i really value ur comments.... i'll try my level best to keep up with ur expectations !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wish u many many happy returns of the day...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey wish u n ur blog many many happy returns of d days...i no m late bt i dnt thnk i"ll b d lst ne 2 wish u..lol...bdw keep pstng n mke ur kid proud..lol...n i"ll keep watng 4 ur blog always......thnks 4 wrtng my nme......n bdw vhrs my piece of cake?mujhe nhi milega..?lolzzzzzzzz.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ shruti -
    thanks for the wishes..... btw its nt my b'day.... my blog completes one year of existence....

    n so far u r the last one to wish.... ;) so juz pray u dnt remain the last one..... lolz

    cake to mujhe bhi nahi mila..... evn i was waiting for a surprise treat.... bt i gues koi 'die-hard fan' nahi hai.... :p

    ReplyDelete