Sunday, November 15, 2009

A kiss forever! - Part 1 of 3


Hello everybody!! Following is a short story i had managed during lectures. It's my first try at something like this.


PART 1OF 3


The Search..


‘Stand with me, hold me in your arms’, were the words stuck in my throat as voice refused to come out. All I could manage was a feeble scream that did not hit my ear drums. All I knew and all my mind could decipher amidst all confusion were hi last words.
I shuddered at the thought and yet again someone pressed the rewind button and then play… For a moment everything was hazy and then again those words. My eyes burned and my head spun. I could not find my hands to wipe the tears on my cheeks. I lost the sense of the world. I could not feel the pain when the door closed on my fingers and hot blood gushing from my nails gave me warmth as my body … my soul was cold. My stomach let out loud groans which had nothing to do with the hunger of not having eaten for the past two days!!
Yes two days had passed, I realized, since the phone rang and I had foreseen my world coming crashing down. I wanted to stand right below it and catch it before the glass shattered. Someone rewinded the tape to that point when I received a call at 3.30 am on Monday. Now starts the flashback.
I picked up the phone and put it on my ear, half cursing the person who had called up and then my eyes turned twice their normal size... my ears alert like a dog’s and my heart racing with no competitor. I heard the words,
“this is my last call to u before I go. I don’t want to be there anymore. Good bye and take care.”
I sat still for 15 minutes trying to unscramble what I heard. A shiver ran down my spine. I understood the last had cum but why? I deserved a reason and more than that I needed to save this. I jumped out of the bed and changed into…whatever (it didn’t really matter). I took all the money I had because I didn’t know where was the end of the search that will now begin.
I took a cab and headed towards the house behind the old mill…found nothing. I searched in the office… no relief to my eyes yet. I took the cab to the pub we often visited but of no avail. The cabbie refused to go any further as we almost circled across the town... I jumped out of the cab and half ran towards… well I didn’t know where. I reached station and took a train and got down at the last stop. I ran… my heart raced faster. What if I could not find what I came looking for? I decided I dint have time to think and straight went to the art gallery where his exhibitions were usually held. I slipped and tripped many times. It was raining cats and dogs and I had forgotten my overcoat. The only benefit of the down pour was that, people who thought that I had been bit by a mad dog could not see that I was crying, the fact being that even I did not realize it earlier.
I reached the gallery but it didn’t do any good. I searched in all the malls, departmental stores that I passed by. I also visited all the exhibitions scheduled for that day in the town hoping to see him in his 3-piece Raymond’s suit attending to the visitors. But, well as I said I was just hoping… the bubble kept bursting and a new one would ooze out every time I headed towards a new destination. Well I could have set a record and got myself entered into the Guiness Book for the optimism I showed.
I used cabs to move across the town. Some cabbies refused as I was all wet and some might have thought that I was some crazy woman who escaped from an asylum, given my hairdo. As if I cared!!
I don’t know why I was running around, looking for something (someone) who still had an option of rejecting me and after that, all of this running, starving and crying would be a waste. But I knew one thing, whatever may be the reason I was sure and positive about not letting my world come to hit a dead end. I’ll do whatever it takes.
Reality hit me hard when I realized an officer was calling on me for I was standing in the middle of the street when the signal was green. I apologized and my hunt began. I was already getting depressed as another day was coming to an end with no success. I shook my head and encouraged my self by thinking that I still had time. I went to the restaurants we often dined in, the cafes and the music stores that we usually visited, but no… I still had to try harder. Then something dawned upon me and I looked for my cell phone. I dialed his number for the umpteenth time and...




(Part2)will be continued on tuesday,17th november!!

9 comments:

  1. to start wid, i'd like to congratulate u on ur very first post on crapologists.... it has strengthened my belief in the saying 'better late than never' ;) jokes apart, its a very intresting story.... n i hope the next two parts will be more intresting.... n i'll be eagerly waitin for them to be posted....

    one more thing.... u beat ekta kapoor.... ekdum intresting jagah pe 'to be continued'.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...firstly thnx...2ndly i wud take dat as a compliment...being compared to ekta kapoor isnt a sml thng coz 80%of indian population still watch her creations inspite of al d jokes crackd...i wil make sure d odr 2 parts of d story keeps u hooked on!!
    thnx agen

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ garima -
    for the record, i fall in the 20% category.... n make sure u post quite regularly.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. vry intresting stry ..watng 4 d other 2 pst..its really nice..keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @the lonely wanderer...i m happy u lykd the story..i hope u lyk d odr parts as well!!
    thnks a tonne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey garima,
    Congratulation for ur first post on this blog,superb write up, and great description of each n every expression, wanted to read further, but have to wait till tuesday na,
    Nyways waiting for your next post eagerly.
    Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @raashi...thnks...m glad u lykd it...well yes fer d odr part u ve to w8 til tuesday..ur comment matters a lot...thnks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first post.
    It is a very good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @BK Chawla...thnx sir!! hope u lyk d odr parts as well!

    ReplyDelete