Monday, November 30, 2009

I love Winter !

Winter's here. I love the season, although many of those I know don't. If I had the control of the seasons, I'd reserve 8 months for winter, 3 months for monsoon, and just one for summer. But alas ! its just a wish and I don't have any control over it. Someone called the weather god had been controlling it for quite sometime, but now he's handed over the charge to "Global Warming".


Jokes apart, I've tried to jot down the top 11 reasons why I love this season (Actually I made a list of 10 reasons, but I couldn't afford to miss the 11th one by any chance) :
  1. Being a Marwari, food has to be one of the main reason to have a love or hate relationship with someone. This rule is applicable in some cases of "something" too. I love the food that's available only in this season, especially Haldi ki sabzi, and that too in a cold winter night !! (Ahhhh.... muh mein paani aa raha hai??? lolz) To those who have tasted it, miss it.... And to those who havent, you're already very late, and you've missed a lot !!
  2. The protective gear - sweaters, pullovers, jackets, etc. They help me look a li'l healthier than I actually am. Another advantage of the jackets and pullovers is that you don't need a change of clothes that often. I mean I can attend a less important wedding reception or a party with just a change of a pullover. ;)
  3. The early morning sun and the fog !
  4. Urad ki dal ke laddus.
  5. Early sunsets, comparatively late sunrises. In short, SHORTER days and longer nights :)
  6. Garma garam cups of chai (tea) and coffee.
  7. Catching a friend in a monkey cap. He/she is gonna be the butt of jokes for the rest of the day or at least until we catch another bakra (or should I say monkey?)
  8. Although I hate sweets (mithaai suits better), I love Suttar Feeni, a mithaai entirely made up of milk, ghee, and of course sugar. I'm sorry I can't explain how it looks or how it tastes, but its yummmm....  (I've always maintained that being a Marwari has its own advantages...)
  9. Sitting by the fire (this doesn't happen much, still I love it whenever it happens)
  10. Its party season - Christmas, New Year and the likes.
  11. And yes, last but not the least, eating ice cream when its chilling cold. Its like sardi ko thenga dikhana.
So lemme know what do you love about winter... and of course, there are haters for everything that's loved... so tell me what you hate then????

    9 comments:

    1. hate
      1-I dnt lik haldi ki sabzi....
      2-Freezing toes
      3-running nose...lol...i hte it...
      Like-
      1-luv wearng sweatshrt..lol
      2-The begining of cycling season (for me)..lol
      n dts all....
      n bdw dis tym m d frst ne 2 cmnt..lol..aftr a lng tym

      ReplyDelete
    2. yeah i luv ice-cream also...thnks 4 addng it

      ReplyDelete
    3. @ shruti -
      congrats !! for reclaiming the 'first' spot again after a long time.... lolz

      n thanks for the comment.... n i guess u havnt tasted 'haldi ki sabzi'.... thats why u r havin such views.... taste it n u'll love it... ;)

      ReplyDelete
    4. My reason,during winter I can eat more as I can digest more

      ReplyDelete
    5. @ B K Chowla sir -
      thanks for the comment :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. hmmm...
      js got a grip ovr myself!!
      haldi ki sabziii
      urad ke ladoo...
      wow!!
      i stay in mumbai...n d bst part abt winters here is d early mrning autorickshaw/bike ride...its an adventure in itself!

      ReplyDelete
    7. @ garima -
      thanxz ya.... :)

      winter is my favouritest season !!! keep dropping the reasons why u love winter.... i think GFN readers luv winter more than hating it :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Winters is definitely, my favorite season, as
      1. I love walking on grass in the early morning fog, its awesome.
      2. Driving on winter mornings is really fun.
      3. Sleeping early and getting up late, is relaxing.
      4. Gaajar ka halwa n afcourse haldi ki sabzi are so enjoyable.And in jodhpur, eating mirchivadas during winters is like yummmmmmmmmm.
      5. You dnt have to bear stinking sweat smell, is also one of the most important reason ;)

      Overall I just love winters :) :) :)
      Nice post ankit, great work n u r right being a marwari is always an advantage, especially when it comes to winters :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. @ rashmi -
      thanks a lot :) wow !! so many more reasons to love winter.... great !

      being a MARWARI is always advantageous.... at least i feel so....

      ReplyDelete