Thursday, November 19, 2009

I meet Me

I met this guy who had the biggest smile on his face and I never understood why. His life seemed so perfect to the outside world.

One day I asked him "Why do you always have a smile on your face? You just seem so happy and you have such a perfect life."

He laughed and then simply responded, "Is that what everyone sees? Well this smile is not real. I paint this on every morning and wash it off when I am alone. I have little to be happy about. I mean things in my life are greater than what it used to be but I still feel void inside."

"Wow. I never knew", was all I could say.

He said, "Of course you didn't. People just think that my life is so perfect and everything. That it's not and it's not. Most days I struggle just to get out of bed. Most days I ask God why am I here."

I woke up and realized that I was the guy being asked these questions in my dream. I am the guy that feels this way....





PS : This was a piece of thought written by me a few days ago, just to flush out my frustration / depression / anger / whatever.... But, sadly, its true.

8 comments:

  1. @ankit...
    gr8 piece of thot!!
    n its so tru evry1 of us roams abt wid a mask!!
    act evry1 of us is used to getin on wid life widout carin abt our inner voice!
    well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice ne.....really gud..aise thoughts aate kaha se hai??lol..nyways keep gttng sch thoughts n keep pstng dem...lol....keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ shruti -
    thanks for the comment.... aise khayalaat kam hi aate hai.... will try n write sum more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. superbly written and expressed post.....
    something written from soul:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ rashmi -
    thank u very much for the appreciation !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ankit,it is short and very expressive.
    Don't we all wear a mask all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ B K Chowla sir -
    thanks sir..... its true dat all of us wear masks to hide the real 'us'....

    ReplyDelete