Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Enter Password.... Huh !!!!

It was just another day in my not-so-boring-yet-not-so-exciting life.... Almost three quarters of the day passed away..... Then it was time to do some work in the office.... I readily jumped in to help my office guy.... I told him i'll do it.... Coz the file was in my pendrive.... So he let me do it.... I put the pendrive into the slot and the AutoPlay started.... (*i just hate this AutoPlay... It sucks... Why do u have to tell the world what i've inserted and what the hell does it contain....)

I opened the file.... I was opening the file after a long time.... Then a dialog box popped "Enter Password".... Here i was totally stumped.... I remembered last time i had set a password for this file as it was a really important one....

And the password wasn't an easy one.... I've set it following the so-called rules.... Containing UPPERCASE and lowercase letters, a few numbers (not my birthdate or something.... Entering a birthdate is a strict NO-NO.... since its very obvious....) It also contained some special characters.... In short making it difficult for others to crack it..... But i didn't knew it would be MUCH MUCH MORE DIFFICULT for me to crack it..... Huh !!! Now here i was cursing myself for shifting from my good old same password (************...... Wat did u think.... I would write it..... Naah !!!) well coming back to me cursing myself for shifting from my good old password to some other fcuking difficult-for-others-to-crack types password directly from some rulebook.....

Then something struck in my mind.... I thought i recollected the numeral part of it..... But it was not enough.... There were still alphabets n special characters remaining..... Then i decided to try different permutations n combinations..... What else can i do.....?

So here began Mission Crack-the-Password....

I started with Salma Hayek.... Different combinations of the beauty with the numerals i cracked (I cracked??? I dunno....) i tried almost everything possible with Salma Hayek..... (don't think weird....) it turned out to be a disappointment..... Then i thought Pamela Anderson wasn't too bad either.... Again tried.... But everything in vain..... I tried everything..... Almost everything.... From Angelina Jolie to Monica Belucci to even some of the Bollywood ki filmi kaliyaan..... Nothing was working.....

After i was exhausted with all the clues i had and all the beautiful babes in the film industry, i decided to quit...... somewhere i had to........ i lost out to Mr Computer...... who turned out to be smarter than ME..... Then i dropped the idea of trying to crack the password.....

Here i was in the middle of nowhere mourning the failure of my Mission Crack-the-Password.....

This was the WORST CASE SCENARIO : Create the file again..... I hit myself on the head and shouted "NO !!!" But then i hit myself again since that was the only option i was left with....

Luckily i had a hard copy of the file.... I got a print-out when i last updated it..... So i started working out on the new file.... Disappointed at my stupidity again and again.... It took me 2 days (TWO WHOLE DAYS..... Can u imagine....) to recreate the file....

So it was my part of the story.... It was a nightmarish experience.....

All i could say after doing all this is : FCUK THE RULE BOOK AND FCUK THOSE WHO MADE THE RULES !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment