Saturday, August 15, 2009

Aazadiiiiiii......

Independence Day wishes to start with.... Today seems to be a special day.... And it is indeed a special day. I'm feeling like a kid who's having his birthday. After all, I am a part of my country. And I'm proud of it.

Actually, I have been thinking to write a post for the Independence Day since almost a week. But somehow I couldn't. I either had no time, or when I had time, I had no idea as such. And a few thoughts which were doing the rounds of my mind, have already been expressed by me in my Republic Day post 'Patriotism', and I had no intentions of repeating them. And don't be in an illusion that what I expressed in that post have changed. I still think the SAME. So, here I am, writing an extempore blog post. Go on guys, have a read. It won't be that bad. If it were bad, I myself would've trashed it :)

Well.... Its a week filled with fever.... Don't think I'm talking about the deadly flu caused by the H1N1 virus, which most of the people call 'Swine Flu' or 'Swine flew' (God.... kya zamaana hai... even swines have started flying... for those who don't know, swine = pig.... with due respect... lol) or whatever.... I'm talking about the independence fever. Although, it has been overshadowed by the sick news of swine flu. Its disheartening to see people dying and the stupid media making fuss out of it. Instead of creating awareness among the public, the Indian media is creating a panic situation. I got a bit carried away. Lets stick to the topic.

As I said, its the week of Independence Day, so one sees a sudden change in the behaviour of people. They suddenly start feeling patriotic, they start the preparation for the celebration. You can see flags everywhere. You hear patriotic songs like 'Mere desh ki dharti...' and 'Saare jahaan se achha Hindustaan humara....' more often. You can see school kids all gearing up and practising for the I-Day march and performances. All looks so good. Its a sudden outburst of patriotic emotions, which happens only at either Independence Day or Republic Day or in case the country is in crisis. Still, we know, we all love India. Its just that we don't show it.

Although I don't like our 'back-biting' neighbour much, still I take this opportunity to wish all the people across the border in Pakistan a warm Independence Day. Guys, its high time. Ab toh sudhar jaao. I know the common Pakistani people don't have that harsh feeling against India, as we don't have against them. Its just that some bloody politicians (on both sides of the LoC) still want to maintain the gap between India and Pakistan.

If I go on citing the negativities of India, you might tag me a pessimist. But since I'm not one, I'd like to tell you that "I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN". I always have this pride to have been born in a country with such a vast culture and varied heritage. As it is said, nothing is perfect. We too have some drawbacks, and I'm sure we shall overcome....

I'll leave you with a pic of the 15th August 1947 edition of the Times of India.



JAI HIND !!!

12 comments:

  1. one more FESTIVE day for us Indians . Independence day is left as a bank holiday for most of us including myself.Very few among us respect it n really deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ aniket -
    happy independence day dude.... i totally agree wid ur views.... i hav already discussed this in my earlier post 'Patriotism'.... btw thanks a lot for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day :)
    A nice post...
    Aur jahaa tak sudharne ki baat ati not only our neighbors even all of us need to change for betterment, as i dnt think we have achieved a complete independence. I guess i'm sounding like a pessimist on this special day. Nyways still we all are proud to be INDIANs.
    JAI HIND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ rashmi -
    thanks a lot n same to u :)

    u think u sound like a pessimist but evn i echo ur views.... we are yet to understand what exactly freedom is.... we have taken it for granted....

    VANDE MATARAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah....
    but it is better 2b pessimist rather than being a person wit no vision n a self obsessed jerk .
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ aniket -
    well..... let the neighbours be what they are..... they don't even deserve our attention.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even Iam proud to be an independent Indian.Independence did not come cheap.Happy independence day to you and your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ chowla sir -
    thank u sir..... i too wish u a very happy independence day.... JAI HIND :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice pst...Evn m proub 2 b an indian..
    wel belated happy independence day..i no m late dis tme bt kya kare..lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ shruti -
    i'm glad that my 'extempore' post was liked by almost all my readers.... n thanks by the way.....

    yes.... u are late..... better luck next time :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ kamlesh -
    thanks for d comment..... welcome back..... n by d way 'jo desh ke liye na khaula.... wo khoon nahi paani hai....'

    ReplyDelete