Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sisters, Thank You !

There could be no better day than this to thank your sisters. And in this post, I'm just doing that.

I take this opportunity to thank all my sisters : Rekha didi, Rita didi, Yukta, Honey and Komal. Apart from these, there's one more sister I'd like to thank, my 'rakhi' sister, who was always there for me, Anshu.

I thank you all for always being there for me, supporting me in the best and the worst situations, bearing me and my feelings (coz I've been an over-sensitive and over-emotional guy) and for all that you have been to me. Well, I always feel short of words when I wanna express something about my close ones.

Today, on the day of Rakshabandhan, even though I tried to be there with 'most' of my sisters, there are always a few of them who I can't be with. But that doesn't mean I am not close to them. I'm equally close to all my sisters.

And I just don't understand when someone asks me about the sisters being 'real' or 'cousin'. I just feel that a sister is a sister. Who can understand it better than me? I feel equally attached to all of them. I can never categorise them under 'real' and 'cousin'.

Distance has never been a deterrent in rhe bond we share. None of my sisters are at a stone's throw. Almost all of them are a thousand kilometres apart from me. But this distance has never been a hurdle. I trust my sisters, and share my deepest and darkest secrets with them and I'm glad even they equally trust me.

Actually, I had not planned this post earlier. While tying 'rakhi' on my wrist today, I felt nostalgic about all those good and bad times when my sisters lent their unconditional support to me. Thats when I thougt of thanking my sisters 'in my way'. But now I don't have much words to express that feeling. And I think I should rest this post here.

Once again, thank you all my sisters for all that you've been to me. Be the same. You rock :)

11 comments:

  1. That was really a very sweet post...
    Happy Rakshabandhan...
    God bless this pure bond :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ rashmi -
    thanks a lot :) n happy raksha bandhan to u too..... tc

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet bro..lol...
    nce ne...
    Happy Rakshabandhan.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ shruti -
    thanks a lot..... :P

    n same to u

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Rakhi.I can feel your post is from the heart.Your sisters are lucky to have someone like you around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ chowla sir -
    thanks sir.... yes, dis one's from the heart.... actually i'm lucky to have sisters like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. interestingg...bt more interstin ll b 2 kno wat psychological factors influenced ur subconcious mind and compelled u 2 rite ths very poem..

    [ posted on Facebook on Aug 06, 2009 at 1.30pm ]

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ arpit -
    thanks man..... btw dnt start ur crap everywhere.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ! soooooo sweet. i am stumped. i never knew guyz can be dis sweeeeet. ur sisters r very lucky n forutnate to hav a bro like u. i wish my bro cud be jus 10% sweet as u.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ trishala -
    thanks a lot :) btw i am proud n i feel lucky to hav sisters like them.... n i mean it..... btw all brothers are dis sweet for their sisters.... its just dat they dnt express their feelings....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete