Saturday, March 21, 2009

Storm & Candle Light Studies.....

Two down.... Five more to go....

Yeah.... Exams.... Nightmares..... Sleepless Nights.... and what not.....

Two exams are over.... I sometimes wonder why do we get so hyperactive as soon as we hear the word 'exam'....

Actually, for both the exams, I did not start studying seriously even 24 hours before the exam. And the papers went down well. Taking this in mind, I wonder that had I studied well before, I'd be doing much much better. But you know what, studying is sooooooo boring. Isn't it?

The first paper was Logics and Reasoning. I had my command over certain topics. Others I just read and went on to appear for the paper. Luckily, the question paper was just fine.

And then, just on the eve of the second paper, one of the worst theory papers with the longest syllabus, I had not started studying. I decided to spend a sleepless night just to read out the whole syllabus at least once. But then, fate had decided something else and then came a 'storm'... literally....

Yes, yesterday night, there was a storm alongwith thunder and rain.... And while I was having dinner, there was a power cut. I now started having a 'candle light' dinner. I waited for sometime for the storm to stop and consequently the power to be restored. But no.... the storm showed no signs of slowing down....

Ultimately, I started what I never thought I'd ever do in my life - Candle Light Studies - this was an experience of a lifetime.... Believe me guys, I just couldn't concentrate. And I just thought about all those famous people who studied in the candle lights / street lights. I thought now even my name will be added in the list. Jokes apart, as I said, I couldn't study in that situation.

I then decided to sleep and wake up at around 2.30 AM. I tuned the alarm and went to sleep. Well,,,, woke up at 3, read half the chapters and slept again !!!

Woke up an hour before exam time. Got ready and went on....

Scared, this time, 'coz I wasn't prepared. The question paper arrived. It was damn easy, had I studied.... But I attempted all the questions and did a fairly good job.....

Lucky Me.... :) Two time lucky already..... Will I be third time lucky???

8 comments:

  1. hahaha..
    dats y always study b4r hnd so dat u dnt hv a problem l8r if ders nythng as such..lolz..
    n dnt worri u vil b lucky d third tme...lolz..
    all d best hpe u strt studyng.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ shruti a.k.a. TLW -
    well.... dis is wat is called as 'learning wid experience'..... lol :)

    it was like a 'foot-in-mouth' situation for me..... but feels gr8 to be second time lucky.... lol :0

    n i still havnt started studying yet..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i knew it dat u mst hv nt yet strted studyng...
    its k u stil hv 3 days n ur hnd...lolz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dats whr the problem lies.... u start counting the days left..... 3 days left.... 2 days left.... ONE WHOLE DAY left.....

    thn u start counting hours.... lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.very true...
    bt evryday is nt a sundy...
    vht if ur nt lucky dis tme....hehehehehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. i knw dat everyday is not sunday..... but at least TODAY is a SUNDAY.... lol ;)

    lets see what happens....

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh gosh. i never knew sumthing of this sort can also happen. i consider myself lucky not to have faced such an awkward situation. it must have been fun studying in candle light. rite?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ piyu -
    As sum1 has said, nothing's impossible..... bizzarre incidents like these do happen.... and yes this was an experience of a lifetime....

    ReplyDelete