Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Straight from the Heart....

India, especially Mumbai, is picking up bits and pieces of the traumatic and shocking incident that took place almost a week ago..... My friend Saunil's friend (he wanted me to write his name in the post.... happy Saunil? :p) wrote these beautiful lines and i couldn't resist myself from putting them here....

Take me down to the terrorised city
where the streets are shitty
and life is pity..

take me down to the terrorised city
where the streets are busy
and life is pity...

thousand cabs parked in the stand
everything so well planned
the ugly urchins play their band..

take me down to the terrorised city
where the guys are rich
and the girls are skinny..

thousand people runnin to catch their train
the scene at tht station looks insane

thousands of bullets showered upon them
those ugly urchins laugh at their pain

take me down to tht terrorised city
where the glass is clean
and the rooms are pretty...

where the wine is classy
the rates are pretty
and they serve in a giffy...

take me down to the terrorised city
where the floor now is greasy
and the glass is stained
with the blood of the city

take me down to to my terrorised city
where they hold guns and bombs
and burn its beauty

take me down to my terrorised city
where the weather was sunny
and where ppl could earn money

so...
please..

make my terrorised city
a paradise city,
where the grass is green
and the girls are pretty
Take me home (Oh, won't you please take me home)

Take me down to the paradise city
Where the grass is green
And the girls are pretty
Oh, won't you please take me home

Take me down
Oh yeah
Beat me down
Oh, won't you please take me home...


Certainly, we need a 'paradise city' rather than a 'terrorised city'....

No comments:

Post a Comment