Friday, April 6, 2012

Two Dozenth Birthday

Birthday - A day, which comes once a year (unless of course you celebrate "fake" birthdays), for which we wait for days, weeks and months, a day which passes by with lightening speed, a day when you were dropped on the earth, a day when you feel special (or in case, you always feel special, this is a day when you feel extra special) !

Yesterday was my two dozenth birthday (i prefer it 'coz 24 seems a bigger number than 2 dozen) and it was made special by some great friends of mine !

Frankly speaking, I was not that excited for my birthday on the evening prior to it, since it was probably my first birthday away from my family. However (yes, I am an MBA-student, and its kind of offending to use "but") the day was made special by some special people around me.

Although I couldn't maintain a record of all the people who wished me throughout the day, but I will mention the names of some really great friends who made this day indeed very special, namely Kamlesh, Pratik, Vijay, Tarun, Garima, Swati, Aarzoo, Seema, Khushi, etc among the few :) You guys made my day !!

Besides these friends, almost all my family members and friends wished me throughout the day and made my birthday really special one. The number of birthday wishes I got made me think for a while that I'm really growing 'old' !!! :P

My prankster buddy Kamlesh Parihar, whom I gifted a matka (clay pot) for his birthday, compensated my gesture by gifting me a really big watermelon carefully gift-packed exactly when the clock struck 12, and later a pair of "keyboard chappals" :) Thanks buddy !! I loved them both :)

Key Board Chappals or KBC
Moreover, the biggest surprise on my birthday came from my blog, Good For Nothin', which crossed the 1,00,000 pageviews milestone on my birthday. What a coincidence !!

Last but not the least, a few really great friends who missed to wish me on my birthday also deserve to be mentioned in the post. I never thought that they could forget my birthday, ever ! But as they say, Life mein bahut kuchh first time hota hai maamu !

Leaving you all with the two lovely cakes that I had cut on my birthday, but alas, I couldn't save it for you, as they were so tempting that I couldn't resist finishing them off !

The IRRESISTIBLE Cakes !!
Better luck next time guys !

2 comments:

  1. nice gift by Kams...U r spcl frnd of mine nd its mah pleasure to have u...!! congrats for blog..jo chaha wo paa liya...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ swati -
    thanks a lot :) for the birthday wishes :) u too are a gr8 friend to have ! and blog ke liye to maine kabhi kuchh chaaha hi nahi tha.... i started this blog to make a way for my thoughts... i never thought it would be loved to this extent :)

    ReplyDelete