Thursday, March 22, 2012

Its all about money, honey !

Yes... Yes... I remember that I promised to post on the blog more frequently than I used to do for the last few months. And I'm trying to make sure that I keep up my promise.

I could not post anything after the last post since I was busy with my brother's wedding. Yes, my brother got married. Now, just like everyone I come across, don't start commenting "Agla number tera hai..." or "Teri line clear ho gayi ab toh !" :)

I was in Mumbai for the last 18 days or so. And back here in Pune, my good for nothin' college had planned something else for me. They sent a 'love letter' at my place, back in Falna, claiming that I had attended barely 16% of the lectures. Well, the last time I met my co-ordinator at the college to collect my first sem marksheet a couple of weeks, she told me it was 55%. So, how does it go down to 16% in a matter of just a few days??

What raised my doubt was that the Defaulter's List claimed that one good friend of mine, who was successful in grabbing a government job just before Sem-1 exams, who did not appear for the exams and who has left the MBA course, had an attendance of 6%. A lot of the other batchmates also had some random figures in front of their names in the defaulter's list. And the fine print said that a fine of Rs. 500 would be imposed on those having attendance below 50%. This fine print made me think that it's al about money honey !

With this 'love letter' reaching my home, I had to listen to a lot of bhajans from my folks !  On reaching Pune, when I saw the Defaulter's List myself, I noticed the following:
  • The highest attendance was 66%.
  • Nearly 90% of the students had attendance below the mark of 50%
  • A few of the names that I haven't seen for the whole semester, had attendance upto 10%.
  • And no one had attendance of 0%.
It confirmed that they had put random numbers in the list, some of the most favourite students of the faculty had attendance above 50%, and yes, it's all about money honey !

Its all about money, honey !

May be this is because my college, one of the nicest MBA colleges in Pune, has the least fees in Pune University. And may be because they want to make some money out of such unfair means. Shocking, but true.

These twists and turns make life frustrating !

Such is life !

4 comments:

  1. I found this via orkut, where I also saw "Goodbye Orkut" on your profile. THerefore, I do not know whether or not you saw my comment in the Blogs and blogging community.
    In case you did not see it, I am posting it as follows:

    I know, it was not the last blog mentioned; in fact, it was mentioned many years ago. It is only now that I have been searching through the thread to find interesting blogs.
    Unfortunately, most of the blogs do not exist anymore, and most of the others are not at all interesting. This blog is an exception. It reminds me of mine, in that it contains observations and useful information. I only hope that the author will continue to write.
    Here is my blog: http://mickyandrani.blogspot.in/. (Be sure to use the auto-hide feature on the right-hand side of the screen to more easily find the older posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ micky -
    thanks a lot for the visit and the lovely comment ! yes, you're right... i haven't used orkut since a long time and i haven't seen ur comment... anyways, i'm glad that u liked my blog and i will try my best to keep up with my work like this... keep visiting !

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminded me of a similar experience faced by me during my post graduation in bangalore a couple of years ago... same thing happened to me and when i went to the coordinator to cross check the attendance, he straight away refused to let me know the details... and i was compelled to pay... hell with such dirty means of raising money by educational institutes... sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ ishani -
    thanks for sharing ur experience with GFN ! well... even i and my fellow batchmates were compelled to pay !! indeed it is sad :(

    ReplyDelete