Friday, July 9, 2010

Dream, Novel, Comparison and Confusion !!

Few months ago, I had a dream. Although I don't get dreams in my sleep very often, I had this lovely dream that day. That dream is not the point of discussion of this post, but still, its a vital part that makes the base of this post.

So, I, being a Good For Nothin' blogger, penned it down that very day. But then I changed my thoughts of posting it, as it could raise a zillion questions !

A couple of days ago, while having chat with one of my very good friends, I made her read that write up based on that dream. She was so spellbound by it, that she tagged me the NEXT Chetan Bhagat, and that too without even writing a single novel ;)

She further suggested, "Ankit, IT, MBA and business are not for you. Take your writing seriously. You can be the next writing sensation. Publish what you write, try writing a novel." and blah blah blah....

Writing a novel !! I haven't even had a nightmare with me as a novelist. I can never imagine myself taking so much pain, spending sleepless nights, writing a NOVEL !!

I don't know what made me share that 'dream' with her. I don't know what she liked so much in my way of writing. Although I don't find my writing that great so that I could be compared to Chetan Bhagat, but she being a very good friend, I believe her opinion was impartial. I hope it was. ;)

So the BIG question is, should I take writing seriously? I asked this question to myself. After pondering over it for quite sometime, I was so very confused that I couldn't decide. A part of my mind (don't know left or right) says "YES" and a part of it says "Paagal hai kya? Novel likhega. Hahaha !"

This kind of situation is referred to as "Dharam Sankat" in the Mahabharata. In english, they call it dilemma. And now I'm not able to decide whether to go ahead with the idea of writing a novel or not.

God save my tiny brain !!

PS: Being compared to Chetan Bhagat was a BIG thing for me. But nothing compared to the happiness if that dream comes true ! ;)

PS2: Apologies for a picture-less and unformatted post. My PC is not working. This one's posted from my Nokia E63 !

4 comments:

  1. awww ya I thnk u shuld tke wrtng srsli...coz ur psts are actualy realy gd..aftr readng it atleast I feel mch better...:p but sum1 is v busy and hv 2 tym 2 updte his blog.:p ryt na???nyways great gng...hope u tke ur wrtng srsli...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ shruti -
    thanks for the comment.... i'll think over it again.... may be my other reader would like me to stop RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW !!! lemme hav all kinds of opinions.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cumpletly second shruti's take on d topic... u shud defyntly giv it a try!! ur write-ups are gud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ garima -
    heyaa... thank u for the comment partner... even u joined the gang !!! i think i shud wait for sum more 'neutral' opinions ;)

    ReplyDelete