Saturday, April 18, 2009

Accident ho gaya... Rabba Rabba !!!

Hmmm.... It was just another day in the not so happening life of mine. My aunt n her two kids were at my place. We decided to go to a nearby tourist attraction and a Jain pilgrim centre - the fantabulous Ranakpur Jain Temples.

These temples, built in 15th century, are a great piece of architecture. A must see. It was half an hour drive from where I live. We went there. Had our darshan. Clicked some pics.





We stayed there for sometime. Had some refreshments. And then we were on our way back to home in my Tata Indigo, which obviously I was driving.

We were just 7 kms away from our home. I gave a glance at the watch on the car's dashboard. It said 6:26 pm. There was an auto ahead of me. I wanted to overtake it. But there was a bus coming from the opposite side, so I chucked the idea of doing that.

I was driving at a constant speed of 40-50 kmph behind the auto. Suddenly, the auto moving ahead of me took a sharp turn towards left. I saw another auto driving recklessly towards me. And....


BANG !!!!







That auto hit my car on the driver's side. And then that auto zipped off past me, turned 270° and went on to hit the bus at a spot 100 m away from my car. By that time, my car had touched the auto in front of me.

Phew !!! It all happened within nanoseconds, and that too involving four vehicles. Luckily, no one was hurt.

The driver of the overspeeding auto (in the pic below), the main culprit, fled away.

The police, as it is always shown in Hindi movies, arrived around half an hour after the accident. But better late than never. They came, recorded the statements of me, other onlookers. Then they told me to come to the Police Station to lodge a complaint.

I went to the Police Station for the FIR. It took me more than one hour to lodge my complaint. Ultimately, they told me to collect my car the next day.

Next day, I went in the morning to collect the car and complete a few formalities. Just a few signatures took another hour. I now understand why is it so painful to get justice in the Indian Law system. Its damn slow and full of formalities, which are probably meant to harrass the common man. And just because of this reason, most of the complaints do not reach the initial stage - the FIR.

And then, after this one-hour plus time, they told me to come at 2 PM to collect the car. Huh !! I thought "Do they mean to waste another hour of mine to collect the mangled remains of my lovely car?" Actually these guys do not understand how precious time is. "Justice delayed is justice denied."

Finally, I got my car at 2.45 after around 45 minutes of paper work. It now stands in the garage waiting for the insurance company surveyor to come and analyze the amount of damage.

My urge to all the government departments (including police) is that please stop harrassing people !!!

GOD SAVE INDIA.... (from overspeeding and irresponsible drivers and from the chakkars in the government offices)

8 comments:

  1. God such a terrible incident..
    GUD NUTHNG HPN 2 U...LOL
    nyways u shuld experience evrythng n life..lol
    nicely wirtten..wel dne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ shruti -
    luckily nobody was hurt although it involved 4 vehicles... thanks for caring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you escaped unhurt.But hurt you were by the system.It will never change.Police training is such.Ms Kiran Bedi is right when she talks of police reforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horrible accident, gods grace no life risks were involved.... I can understand the trauma you go through after an accident, especially with people involved and Indian police after that plus all formalities, as even i had been through all this.
    And yes government departments need to revive their policies, people really don't wanna get into all this, the way its continuing. Truly said "Justice delayed is justice denied."
    Nyways a new experience and nicely written....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mr B K Chowla -
    Thanks sir.... The system needs to be changed....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ rashmi -
    thanks for ur caring words.... it really was an experience of a lifetime.... totally filmi....

    ReplyDelete
  7. that must have felt terrible! good u escaped unhurt. btw e1 i have been to ranakpur temple. amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ rahul goswami -
    yup... a terrible experience... car still in repairs... n ya ranakpur is an amazing place... i went der 2 days ago once again...

    ReplyDelete